Swasan ff: An Incomplete Scrapbook (The Shocking Clauses) Episode 4

Swasan ff: An Incomplete Scrapbook (The Shocking Clauses) Episode 4

Swara's POV:
"What the hell!! Does my grandfather's will decree this?" After hearing the will, this thing came to my mind. Without even thinking for a moment, I shouted on Ragini,"How can this happen; when you are judging the case & following it thoroughly?" Ragini just tried to pacify me by saying, Swara, nothing was in my hand. What could I do.. This will said you had to be a graduate in your respective field before inheriting half of the property and the rest half would go jointly to Mrs. Annapurna & Mr. Shekhar Suryavansi. I was in full rage that time and snapped her back," No need to repeat it Ragini. I have already heard it." But ragini could you tell me if I was unable to complete the graduation, then what would happen?? Ragini knew how sensitive I was and what I had gone through in my life. So she reacted calmly and continued to read further. Overall what I understood was that if I couldn't complete graduation or leave it in half way, then I couldn't inherit any property and all would go to a charitable trust. But the last clause of the will was a blast for me. It said if I wouldn't agree with this will; then the power of attorney would go to my so called dad, Mr. Shekhar Suryavansi and all my lavish expenses & pocket money would be stopped.

I was in big dilemma. All the clauses were not acceptable to me but the last clause was a disaster. I couldn't let that happen. I knew how that man tortured me mentally and psychologically in all these years. In my worst nightmare also I couldn't even think about giving the power of attorney in his hand. But if I refused to continue my graduation then what would be the future of my mom as all the properties would be gone. I knew that he loved my mom a lot but never cared about me as his daughter as I was not his own blood. He wouldn't ditch my mom but I had to think about my mom's security as that man had maximum time remained in hideouts due to loss of illegal shares. So, finally I was left with one option. I had to pursue my graduation. But I didn't want to stay here & couldn't handle this family drama anymore. But the will left no choice for me.

I was hell irritated & ragini knew my temper. She knew that it was not the time to calm down me and as it was a family matter, she wanted to give me time to think and discuss this matter with my mom.. This was the benefit of having someone close to you. You never needed to make that person understand the situation. They could get you without even listening to your saying. Ragini was a few among them. So, she patted my back to give me solace and left the place. Now I was standing in the hall in front of my mother only. Others left home to give us some privacy. My mom knew that her words couldn't give me comfort, still she tried to calm down me.. But in rage I shouted on her," Why mom!! Why!! What is my fault? Why all the miseries are included in my fate? Why does my real mother leave me? Why can't your husband love me like her own daughter?? Why you are staying with that person who is hiding underground due to loss of illegal shares? Why can't you choose me over him??"

It is always said that calm down before you hurt somebody. It was absolutely justified in my case. And here the somebody was none other than my mother, who loved me even if she hadn't given birth to me. But till then the damage had already been done. I saw my mom was sobbing silently and before leaving me there she just uttered, "It is all my fault, swara. I am responsible for all this chaos. But I am unable to choose anyone out of you two. Please pardon me swara.. I am sorry." After saying all these in one go, she left to her room and locked the door. I scattered on floor & felt guilty. Why the hell on earth I hurt that single person who loved me despite being in problem. I had hurt her to that extent that she told me sorry even if she was at no fault. The memories of those days came to my mind when my mom was telling my dad to accept me and due to this; both had huge fights and quarrels. Without even wasting a further moment, I rushed towards my mom's room to ask for her apology. I knocked the door continuously but she didn't open it. I was culpable for her sobbing and to make her hurt. This guilt was killing me from inside & I left home with a mixture of feelings...

Credit to: Kashis
Previous Post
Next Post

post written by:

3 comments: